MoE ICT Infrastructure & Data Center
MoE data center & MoE cloud slideshow
Post Title: Financial Management Specialist
Duration: 1 Year
No of Post: (1)
Salary: Attractive Salary
Date Announced 20-April-2015
Closing Date 10- May-2015
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received a grant from the International Development Agency (IDA) and the Government of Norway for the Afghanistan Skills Development Project (ASDP). The said project aims to establish a high quality, equitable, market-responsive and cost-effective technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system in order to increase the number of immediately employable Afghan graduates.
The ASDP is a multi-functional project managed through four components, and executed by different government agencies, namely: Committee of Education and Skills Policy (CESP) chaired by the Vice President; Deputy Ministry of TVET (DMTVET) at the Ministry of Education (MoE); and National Skills Development Program (NSDP) at the Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD).
The DMTVET implements Component # 2 of the ASDP project, which is comprised of: (a) establishment of the NIMA; (b) institution-based reform packages; and (c) management reforms in DMTVET. NIMA aims to be a model TVET institute for management and administration, accounting, and information technology.
2. Summary of the Position
The objectives of the assignment are to (a) support ASDP on financial management, accounting and disbursement functions; (b) help the ASDP develop all project documentation related to financial management, accounting and disbursement; and (c) provide such training and skills transfer to DMTVET as required to prepare and implement Standard Operational Process and Finance Management Cycle (FMC) within ASDP project. The Consultant will work under the supervision of the Project Manager.
3. Duties and Responsibilities
16. Ensure the protection of the MoE assets, (cash and inventory) through the enforcement of internal control policies and procedures;
17. Maintains current knowledge of Afghanistan government requirements related to financial matters;
18. Monitor payment terms and conditions of contracts, and monitors contract commitments and contract management
4. Qualifications and Experience
1. At least Bachelor Degree in Finance, Economics or similar, Master Degree would be preferred;
2. Minimum 5 years experience in financial management with International and national organizations and government of Afghanistan is an advantage.
3. Experience with World Bank financial management and accounting principles will be strongly preferred;
4. Additional commercial training in accounting or finance preferable;
5. Familiarity of contractual issues.
6. Strong process and financial management experience;
7. Proven ability to drive change throughout an organization;
8. Have a demonstrated focus on impact and results;
9. Ability to design and implement the project accounting system in line with World Bank and Government of Afghanistan requirements.
10. Fluency in English. Dari and Pashto is an advantage.
11. Excellent reporting, interpersonal and team working skills;
12. Computer skills - MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel necessary, experience/knowledge of any other accounting and database packages an asset;
5. Reporting and Counterparts
a. The FMS will work under direct supervision of Project Director and will extend support and assistance to the Deputy Ministry for TVET (counterpart staff) through his daily activities, finance officer/s and finance assistant/s will be supervised by the said individual consultant.
b. The products prepared by the Consultant include:
· S/he will submit an inception report that should include work plan for 12 months within two weeks after joining
6. Duration of the Assignment:
The assignment will be initially for 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance at the end of the first 3-months probationary period. After 12 months, subject to a complete performance review, availability of funding; and the circumstances of the Ministry of Education prevailing at that time, an extension to the contract may be considered.
7. Duty Station:
The duty station of this position will be ASDP Office/Deputy Ministry for TVET, Ministry of Education/ Kabul, Afghanistan.
8. Submission Guidelines:
Interested Afghan candidates are requested to send their applications and CVs via e-mail:
Mr, Farid Ahmad Asakzai
Head of HR Department/ASDP Project
Address: Deputy Ministry of Technical Vocational Education and Training, Dehbori, behind of Music School, Ministry of Education, Kabul, Afghanistan