The Human Resource Development Board is an education sector forum to coordinate issues pertaining to human resource development in the country between relevant government ministries (Ministry of Education, Ministry of Higher Education, Ministry of Labor Social Martyrs and Disabled, Ministry of Women’s Affairs and Ministry of Finance) and the development partners.
PURPOSE OF THE BOARD
The purpose of the Human Resource Development Board (HRDB) is to:
• Support effective leadership and oversight of human resource programming in Afghanistan;
• Strengthen overall coordination and support for harmonization and alignment of strategic plans of sectoral ministries (MoE, MoHE, MoWA and MoLSAMD), development partners’ initiatives and MoF;
• Serve as a platform for strategic policy dialogue between the sectoral ministries and development partners;
• Support the establishment of an effective policy framework for education and skills development with consideration of gender and regional disparities;
• Advocate for and coordinate donor aid in education sector eventually aiming at aligning assistance through a government led and harmonized sector funding mechanism;
• Encourage additional domestic resource mobilization for education through partnership with private sector and civil society.